- Why is training required?
- Will dates and times fit my busy schedule?
- What if I miss the training dates for my region?
- When can new users moving in Phase 2 attend training?
How do I sign up for training?
Why is training required?
Training is required for all clinical CAIR users (e.g. 'Power' or 'Regular') because some of the features and reports in CAIR2 will be different from the current version of CAIR. The training will orient you to the new software so that you are prepared to begin using it when your region switches over.
Will dates and times fit my busy schedule?
Yes. To accommodate the need to train a large number of users, CAIR2 will be rolled-out in three phases (see CAIR2 Timeline). During each phase, CAIR trainers will offer more than 100 trainings the month before CAIR2 launches to ensure that existing users are trained. Both live in person and webinar trainings will be offered. Trainings will also continue to be offered after CAIR2 launches. Users should sign up for training when registration opens because they will not be given access to CAIR2 until they have completed the required training.
What if I miss the training dates for my region?
- Trainings will continue to be offered after each region launches CAIR2.
When can new users moving in Phase 2 attend training?
- CAIR users in Bay Area and Centra Valley regions who were not 'active' on September 30, 2016, will not be able to register for CAIR2 training until after the launch in early 2017. An 'active' user is any user who has logged into CAIR at least once within the preceding 6 months.
How do I sign up for training?
Registration for Existing Users: Active users can sign up for training two months before the launch of CAIR2 in your region. Reminders will be sent to active Regular and Power CAIR users via email. Links will also posted on the CAIR login page.
Registration for New Users: Those who sign up after the cut-off date for their phase, must wait until CAIR2 launches to take training.
- After logging in with your CAIR username and password, you will be automatically directed to a list of available trainings based on your current CAIR user role (Regular or Power).
- After reserving a training time and date, a confirmation email will be sent to you. If you have registered for a webinar, you will receive the login and phone information for the webinar. If you signed up for an in-person training, you will receive the location information for the training. Please log in to the webinar or arrive at the in-person training site at least 10 minutes early. If you miss any part of the training, you will need to register again.
Regular User training will cover standard tasks like patient searches, creating new patients, entering immunizations, and running various patient reports.
Power User training will include the above tasks plus how to manage inventory and how to run reports to show inventory and doses administered. You are only required to attend one training. If you are a Power user at a DX Site (DX Power User), you will also see the 'Check Status' functionality tin CAIR2 that allows you to monitor DX transactions.
- At the end of the training, you will be referred to additional training materials such as videos and quick guides.
- You will be sent login information for CAIR2 prior to launch, but only if training has been completed.