New Personal Beliefs Exemption Law (AB 2109)
The new CA school/child care personal beliefs exemptions (PBE) law, AB 2109, goes into effect January 1, 2014 for any student who is newly admitted to a California school, kindergarten through 12th grade (K-12), students advancing to 7th grade, and children newly admitted to a child care facility. For more information on what this new law means for schools/child care facilities and their students, review the AB 2109 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
Find out how CAIR can help your school or child care program. See an animated CAIR demo or print out the CAIR Quick Guide to see how easy it is.
- CAIR Helps Schools and Child Care Learn the benefits!
- View CAIR Training Videos for Schools An animated demo for read-only users
- CAIR Quick Guide A tip sheet for log-in, search, & printing CAIR reports
- Accessing CAIR: Information for Mac Users Special help for Mac computer users
- Sharing Student Shot Records with CAIR To have your school immunization record system exchange data with CAIR, have your IT support review these steps and contact the CAIR Help Desk for more information. To evaluate your needs, a Data Exchange Specialist may be assigned to help you.
- ShotsforSchool.org provides information about CA child care/school immunization requirements and also includes a child care/ school lookup to determine how well immunized your child's child care/school is.
Try our NEW School Report in CAIR!
CAIR has developed a new school module with the goal of assisting schools in determining whether their students have received all the required vaccines for school entry. Now you have the following options:
- Create a list of students in CAIR to generate a report and print the Blue Card of Kindergarteners or 7th – 12th graders who are in CAIR.
- Upload a list of students in .CSV format to CAIR and retrieve a Student Match Report in 24 hours.
Please refer to the CAIR School Report Manual for step-by-step instructions to learn how to create and upload your own lists!
Learn about CAIR and FERPA compliance
- Forum Guide to the Privacy of Student Information (FERPA Law)
- CAIR School Consent Form (also Spanish and Chinese) Use this form to consent to share your child's school immunization record with CAIR.
- The Impact of FERPA on the Sharing of Immunization Data Gail Horlick, MSW, JD, Acting Privacy Rule Coordinator, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention