Patient Forms

Immunization Registry Notice to Patients and Parents

Request to Lock or Unlock My CAIR Record

Per California Immunization Registry law (Health and Safety Code, Section 120440), all patients/parents must be disclosed that California medical providers are authorized to submit patient vaccination records and tuberculosis (Tb) test results to CAIR for access by medical care providers and other authorized CAIR users.

Patients/parents have the right to review records for accuracy but also to decline to share (‘lock’) records with other CAIR users if they desire, while retaining access to their record through their own medical provider. If a patient/parent changes their mind about limiting access, they can request the record be ‘unlocked’ at any time. See the Immunization Registry Notice to Patients and Parents (above) for further details on patient’s rights.

Please note that you should check with your medical care provider before completing the forms below as your doctor may already be sending your sharing status to CAIR2 electronically.

To request that your/your child’s record in CAIR be ‘locked’ or ‘unlocked’, click your preferred language below.

School/Childcare Medical Exemption Requests

Starting January 1st 2021, parents wishing to obtain medical exemptions from school/childcare vaccination requirements for their children will need to request those exemptions at the link below.

Permission to Share Your Child’s School Immunization Information with CAIR (for Schools only)

Immunization Record Release Authorization Form

This online form allows patients/parents/guardians to request for a copy of a FULL immunization record from CAIR. In order for the record to be released, the requestor will need to upload a file containing a scanned driver’s license or other official picture ID and any other relevant documentation authorizing release of the requested record. Please have these files ready to upload as the form must be completed in a single session. Please note that there is no guarantee that the requested patient record will be found in CAIR.

COVID-19 Immunization Records or Replacement Cards

To request a copy of your COVID-19 immunization record, submit a request through a Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record. Please do NOT submit the online CAIR Authorization To Release Healthcare Information request.  

If you have lost your CDC COVID-19 card, CAIR does NOT have nor does it provide replacement cards. You can, however, request a Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Record. If you prefer to have a replacement card instead of a digital record, contact your primary care provider OR the vaccine administration site.

Merge Patients Form